What is PPI?
Payment Protection Insurance (PPI), also known as Loan Protection Insurance was added to loans, credit cards, mortgages and car finance to protect you if you were made redundant or had an accident or illness that meant you were unable to work.
How was PPI mis-sold?
PPI was mis-sold for a variety of reasons:
- Your eligibility to claim was not assessed – if you had a pre-diagnosed medical condition or were self-employed, retired or a student, in many cases you would not be able to make a claim.
- Lenders put pressure on you to take out the policy – often by insinuating that you would be more likely to get approved for the finance if you took the policy.
- Sales targets meant some sales people added PPI to finance without you even knowing.
- You were not told about the alternative options to PPI – either different products or providers.
- The terms and conditions of the PPI were not explained to you.
- You had to pay for the policy up front (this is called a single premium policy).
Who mis-sold PPI?
Payment Protection Insurance was mis-sold by a number of lenders.
We can help you with the following banks and lenders:
Lloyds, Halifax, Bank of Scotland, HSBC, RBS, Natwest, MBNA,
Barclays, First DIrect, Barclaycard, Capital One, Egg, M&S and many more.
We can also help with many more lenders, please click below to see the full list…
What can I do?
The Claims Guys can help you to investigate your PPI with any of the lenders listed above.
FREE PPI Check*
You can start with a Free check* to see if PPI was ever added to your account. Complete our Free Check Form to get started and we can check with your lenders.
This service is Free* and there is no obligation to move on to step 2 if you would prefer to do the claim yourself, but this means you would need to liaise with your lenders and complete all the paperwork yourself.
Claim your mis-sold PPI back
If we find PPI on your account, you then have the option to continue with The Claims Guys and we will manage the claims process for you. We’ve been claiming back PPI for our customers for 6 years, so we can liaise with your lender to ensure you get back any money that you may be owed.