Call us on 0800 082 2200


What is an Investment?

The dictionary definition states: The action or process of investing money for profit.

There is a long list of financial Investment products, but some of the most common are:

  • Annuities
  • General Investment Accounts
  • Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs)
  • Investment Bonds (including with Profits Bonds)
  • Personal Equity Plans (PEPs)
  • Personal Pensions (including Self-Invested Personal Pensions (SIPPS))
  • Transfers from Company or Workplace Pensions
  • Unit Trusts
  • Whole of Life Insurance Policies


We have provided a list of some Investment/ Pension Providers/Advisers below:


How could I have been mis-sold?

Prior to 2013, most Financial Advisers received commissions for selling Investment and Pension products.

Naturally, the products with the higher fees paid the higher commissions to the Financial Advisers, so many Investment Providers and advice businesses tended to sell them, even though they may not have been as appropriate for their customers as the lower-cost alternatives. The result of this is that it could impact the quality of advice received, the way in which the Investment product was sold, or even whether the product itself was suitable.

Even since the Regulator banned commissions on Pensions and Investment products in 2013, Investment Providers and Financial Advisers can still be motivated to sell you the Investment products or advise propositions that make more money for them, rather than what makes more money for the customer.

Investments sold with excessive fees compound over the years and can leave customers far worse off than they should be.

We investigate each Investment thoroughly, ensuring that best advice was provided, that the product was right for you and that all of the Financial Advisers regulatory obligations were fulfilled.

Furthermore, if you have paid excessive, unnecessary or unjustifiable fees, charges and taxes for your Investments and/or Pensions, you may have a valid Claim for compensation.

How can I get started?

Our Investments claim process works differently to the one in place for PPI:


Request an Investments Pack

Give us a call on 0203 142 2594 to request an Investments Pack.


Read and Complete the Initial Pack

Read the Initial Pack before completing all the documents within it. Please provide as much detail as you can.


Return the documents

Return the documents to us in the Freepost envelope we provide or, alternatively, write FREEPOST THE CLAIMS GUYS (all upper case) on a blank envelope. No stamp is required.


We will be in touch

The Claims Guys will assess your circumstances based on the information your Provider and/or Financial Adviser provide following a Data Subject Access Request. If, following our investigation, we think you have a case, we will be back in touch to collate further information from you, before we submit a Complaint to your Investment Provider/Financial Adviser and keep you updated throughout.

For further information on the Investment claim process please view our Key Facts Sheet

Investment Key Facts

You do not need to use a claims management company to make your Complaint to your Adviser or other Compensation Scheme, such as the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), and if your Complaint is not successful you can refer it to the FOS yourself for free.