What is a PBA?
It is a ‘paid-for’ account for which you pay a monthly or annual fee. These accounts can also be referred to as ‘gold’, ‘premium’, ‘upgraded’ or ‘reward’ accounts and usually cover a range of insurance and non-insurance benefits. Some of the benefits offered can be, but are not limited to: car breakdown cover, preferential rates on overdrafts or loans, use of airport lounges and discounts on various products and services.
How could my PBA have been mis-sold?
The following case study titles are given as ‘common complaints’ on the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) website. To read more about these case studies you should visit the FOS website.
- The Bank pressured me into taking out a PBA
- The Bank told me that I had to have the account to get an overdraft, Credit Card or Loan
- I didn’t know I had a PBA – I was not given a choice
- The Bank sold me a PBA – but I already had some of the things it came with
- I did not use the features that came with the PBA
Who sold PBAs?
We have provided a list below of some banks who could have sold you a PBA.Who sold PBAs?
How can I get started?
Our PBA process works differently to the one in place for PPI:
Request a PBA Pack
Give us a call on 0203 651 4542 to request a PBA Pack.
Fill in the documents
Complete the documents with as much detail as you can give.
Return the documents
Return the documents to us in the Freepost envelope we provide or, alternatively, write ‘FREEPOST THE CLAIMS GUYS’ (all upper case) on the blank envelope. No stamp is required.
We will be in touch
The Claims Guys will assess your circumstances. If we think you have a case, we will submit a Complaint to your Bank and keep you updated. If your Claim is successful our Fee of 36%, inclusive of VAT, will be payable as per our Terms of Engagement.
Is there anything else I should consider?
- If your Claim is upheld, this may indicate that the PBA is unsuitable for your needs and it may be appropriate to cancel or downgrade your account.
- Our Fees are 36%, inclusive of VAT, of any settlement awarded to you. We do not take any upfront fees.