Tax Refund claims

Tax relief and allowances can help reduce the overall amount of tax you pay, leaving more money in your pocket. Unfortunately, it is estimated that millions of UK taxpayers could be missing out on hundreds of millions of pounds worth of tax relief each year.

Working with HMRC registered Tax Agent partners, we can help you take advantages of the tax relief and allowances due to you and claim back refunds worth £100s


Working From Home

If you have worked from home since April 2020 due to COVID you may be eligible to claim a tax refund worth up to £125 per tax year.

The tax relief is to cover extra costs incurred when working from home such as higher heating and electricity bills.

Our partner, The Claims Guys Legal, can help you make a claim even if you have worked from home for just one day. Find out more here.


PPI Settlements

If you have had a successful PPI claim in the last four years, you could claim back 100% of the tax your lender deducted from your PPI settlement.

If you were a customer of The Claims Guys we may have already been in touch with you about this to introduce you to our HMRC registered Tax Agent partner. Find out more here.


Marriage Tax Allowance

If you’re married or in a civil partnership, you may be entitled to a tax refund worth £1000s due to Marriage Tax Allowance.

Marriage Tax Allowance allows you to transfer some of your Personal Allowance (the amount you can earn tax-free each tax year) to your spouse or civil partner if they earn more than you.

Your claim can be backdated for 4 years which means you can claim up to £1220 with a further future savings of £1000’s.


Uniform Allowances

If you wear a uniform to work which you have to wash, repair or replace yourself, you may be able to claim a tax refund worth £100s going back four years.

The amount you are eligible to claim will depend on the industry you work in but you can claim for most types of uniform from a simple branded t-shirt to a full uniform, such as that worn by a pilot, police officer or nurse.

Eployment expenses

Employment Expenses

If you are required to use your own vehicle for work, you may be able to claim Mileage Allowance based on the number of business miles you travel. This tax relief could be worth up to 45p for every mile you have travelled in the last four years!

Additionally, if you pay for your own tools or equipment, then you’ll be eligible to claim back some of these costs.

Professional Fees

Union or Professional Fees

If you have to pay union professional fees because of your job, or are in a profession where you must pay a subscription or a professional fee it is likely you can get tax relief on the annual cost of these fees. This claim can be backdated for up to four years meaning you could be due a refund worth £100s and should reduce your tax bill for future years too!