We, The Claims Guys Limited, are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and our customers; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information. Throughout the policy, we refer to your personal information as your data.
- by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post to: The Claims Guys Limited, Lynnfield House, Church St, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA14 4DZ
- by telephone on: 0800 08 222 00
Our data protection registration number is Z1652832. Our company is registered in England and Wales.
You can control, access or restrict the use of your data, and you have rights under this policy. For information about your data rights, please click here.
You can withdraw your consent for us to contact you at any time. Please note: if you have entered into an Agreement with us by signing a Letter of Authority to request that we provide our Claims Services, our contractual rights will still apply and we may contact you in relation to a termination fee or any outstanding monies owed to us.
Why We Require Your Data
We obtain personal information from you. When you provide your data to us, you consent for us to use your personal information to:
- Contact you via the contact methods you have provided, including via text message (SMS), telephone, email and by post.
- Contact you about your potential financial mis-selling complaint(s), including Payment Protection Insurance, Packaged Bank Accounts, Pay Day Loans, Investments and Pensions.
- Administer our website, including ensuring that we can enable your use of the services on our website (including enquiries and complaints about our website) and improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
During the provision of our Claims Services, you agree for us to process your personal information through signing our Letter of Authority which means you agree to our Terms of Engagement, to allow us to:
- Supply to you Claims Services under our Agreement;
- Send you general commercial communications by the contact details you have provided to us during our Claims Services;
- Contact third parties on your behalf, with your specific instruction;
- Send you email and SMS notifications which you have specifically requested; and
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you.
Failure To Provide Data To Us
Please note, we require certain personal information to be able to complete our Claims Services. If you do not provide this, we may not be able to fulfil our Agreement with you. In this event, we will explain what data is required and why. If you do not wish to provide this, we have the right to terminate your contract with us in accordance with our Terms of Engagement, which you agree to by signing our Letter of Authority.
In respect of our legitimate interests, we have a legitimate interest in keeping you updated about any further services offered by us which may be of interest to you both during and after the conclusion of your contract with us, including communication of any developments that may have an impact on your original service (e.g. a change in the law that will make additional services available to you). We will use the details you have provided to contact you including by telephone, email and post.
Furthermore, we offer a comprehensive service to address several areas of financial mis-selling and will help you assess any affected products. As part of this service, we can provide a direct referral to a panel of solicitors including our legal partner, Marland Thomas Limited, who are able to offer specialist support in respect of alternative financial products.
We also have a legitimate interest in using your data to help us to review our services and obtain analytics in respect of our customer base.
We may also be required to use your data due to a legal requirement which is placed upon us; this includes our regulatory requirements such as financial record keeping, staff training and monitoring, in addition to complaint handling. In these circumstances, we may be required to keep your data by law. We will always inform you if this is the case.
If you do not wish for us to contact you by a specific method, you will be able to unsubscribe to specific contact methods and this option will be easy for you to complete. Please note: if you have entered into an Agreement with us by signing a Letter of Authority to request that we provide our Claims Services, our contractual rights will still apply and we may contact you in relation to a termination fee or any outstanding monies owed to us. However, you will always be able to unsubscribe to contact which we make under our legitimate interests.
What Data Do We Collect?
We collect, store and use the following kinds of your data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to the supply of our Claims Services;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including name, address, telephone number, email address and any financial information);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
- information required to complete our Claims Services that we will request directly from you, including your personal circumstances and information about your financial products and services; and
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
If you do not provide the personal information we have requested, it may affect our ability to provide the Claims Services that we are offering and you will be informed of this at the appropriate time.
Recipients of Your Data
We control the use of your data as you have directed.
To allow us to provide our Claims Services to you, the following third parties provide critical functions to our business and will process your personal information as directed by us and in accordance with strict data security arrangements:
- Our Claims Services: during our Claims Services we will provide your data, under your specific instruction, to named Lenders, Loan Providers, Loan Brokers, Banks or other service providers and, if required, the Financial Ombudsman. We may also provide a referral to a solicitor within our legal panel, including our legal partner, Marland Thomas Limited.
- Our Systems and IT: we use third party firms who provide essential storage arrangements (including call recordings), software and support to our infrastructure;
- Communicating with you: we use an outsourced print-house who manages our printing, they receive a copy of postal communication and print and send this on our behalf. Additionally, we use outsourcing partners to send some of our email and SMS communication;
- Our Regulators: we may be required to provide your data to our Regulators, who include the Financial Conduct Authority, the Financial Ombudsman Service and the Information Commissioner’s Office; and
- Our Professional Services: we use professional legal, consultancy and accountancy services to help us fulfil our legal obligations.
- Other Third Parties: we may share your data with other third parties where we believe we have a legitimate interest to do so. Examples of these third parties include review platforms, credit controllers and/or debt collectors (this is not an exhaustive list).
We do not sell your data to third parties in any circumstances. We have carefully selected our third parties due to their commitment to keeping your data safe. If you request for us to stop processing your data, we will also communicate this to the relevant third parties if they are processing this on our behalf. If you have any concerns about the above third parties, please let us know and we can provide advice and support to help you manage your data preferences.
You may also wish to visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org for further information.
Withdrawing Your Consent
You can withdraw your consent (opt-out) for us to contact you at any time. If you have entered into an Agreement with us by signing a Letter of Authority to request that we provide our Claims Services, our contractual rights will still apply and we can contact you in relation to a termination fee or any outstanding monies owed to us.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Third Party Data Transfers
We will only share your personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA) where we have your consent, to comply with a legal duty, or where we work with a third party service provider to enable us to provide you with our services, and they process information outside of the EEA.
If we do share your information outside of the EEA with a third party service provider we will make sure that it is protected to the same extent as in the EEA. This includes through ensuring that the European Commission has made an ‘adequacy decision’ in respect of their data protection measures. You can learn more about this on The European Commission website.
In addition, some of the third party service providers we use that are based in the EEA may provide services which mean your data is transferred outside of the European Union. In any case, we ensure that there are appropriate security measures in place such as technical security, including encryption and restricted access to your data. We have strict contracts in place to make sure your data is kept safe and your data is always under our control. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us for further information.
Third Party Websites
Our website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.